Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cake and Ice Cream?

My shoulder is still hurting. I'm not sure what in the hell it can be...I've given it a few days and it's not felt any better, and I'm getting real antsy on beginning my training regimine for the Army. I guess I'm just going to have to end up excersising my patience as my shoulder takes its sweet time to heal. In the mean time, it's running, biking, and playing! My favorite!

In other news, I celebrated my week-and-a-half-going-Paleo with a low-carb brownie treat thing. I'd never baked before, so I followed the recipe closely, and it was amazing! It wasn't much a browney as it is cake. I just found the same recipe, but with only two eggs as opposed to five, so I'll make it again only using two eggs and see if that doesn't make it more "brownie-y". Here's the recipe:

16oz almond butter
2 eggs
1 cup honey
1 tbsp pure vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
Blend almond butter until smooth (microwave a little bit).
Add eggs, honey and vanilla. Blend cocoa, salt, and baking soda.
Grease a 9×13 pan
Bake @325 for 30-40 minutes.

I found a recipe for Paleo Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream. My gosh...I'll be trying this soon.

Today's plate:
Grass fed sausage with two eggs and a handful of cheese
1/2 cup cashews (morning and afternoon snack)
1/3 pound grass fed ground beef with sauteed (in coconut oil) various peppers and pepperoni
Brownie dessert
Fried chicken for dinner

Today's workout is a recumbent bike ride on the program "Rolling Hills." 20 minutes.

Mental state: I slept 6:30 last night, and woke up tired and grouchy. I came to work grouchy, in fact almost went off on a few passer-bys because they wondered why I always bring a sack of food with me to work. I snack through the day, and my co-workers are starting to catch on to my diet. The coming weeks could prove to be detrimental to my resolve, as I try and explain Paleo to them. I doubt anything will get through, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment