Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 1 on the Paleo

Today marks the beginning of a 30 day trial if you will. A low carb lifestyle that rivals that of the Paleolithic cave men from a bajillion years ago.

On the menu:
2 whole eggs mixed with turkey, cheeses, and mild salsa.
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese.
1/2 cup mixed peanuts and almonds. (Grazed on thru the day)
Boneless skinless chicken breast.
4 cups leafy romaine lettuce with blue cheese dressing
Chicken noodle soup from Panera

Preworkout: NO-Explode
Postworkout: Whey protein; bananananana flavor.

Workout:
I began finding what my max pushups, sit-ups, and pullups are. I got 50, 60, and 10 respectively. I weigh 189.9 lbs.
After that I did what's called a "cycle". It begins with 20 pushups, immediately into 20 sit-ups, immediately into 5 pullups, then back to pushups, sit-ups, etc.

Pushups: 4x20
Sit-ups: 4x20
Pullups: 3x5

Afterwards I did a 20 minute speed interval on the recumbent bike.

Thoughts: my workout today sucked. I believe it's because of lack of carbs...but man it was rough. Hopefully the next few days I start seeing some more energy. I got a full 8 hours sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment